Once your Wizard reaches Level 12, you have the option of starting Gardening. When you do, Moolinda Wu will appear via a tutorial tip on the right side of your screen asking you to stop by the School of Life.
When you arrive, she will give you the quest Green Acres. After completing this tutorial quest line with Farley in Golem Court, you will be promoted to a Level 1 (Novice) Gardener, and be given a few seeds and your first 4 Gardening Spells for free: (Small Soil, Medium Soil, Revive, and Plow).
Energy is required for Gardening and is represented by the green and yellow globe amidst your Health and Mana globes. Planting Seeds and casting Gardening Spells both require your Wizard to use various amounts of Energy. This Energy will recharge automatically but you can also refill it immediately by purchasing an Energy Elixir for 250 Crowns from the Crown Shop.
Gear from all over the spiral give all sorts of boosts to energy. Gear from Hoard Packs tend to give among the best energy in the Spiral.
All plants come from a Seed. By scrolling your mouse over any seed, you can see its properties.
Plants can enter up to four healthy stages (Seedling, Young, Mature, and Elder) and up to two unhealthy stages (Wilting and Dead) throughout their lifetimes. From Seedling to Mature, they will become progressively difficult to maintain. Once they reach Elder however, they will no longer require any maintenance.
There are 5 different “Needs” that plants may get while growing. Various Gardening Spells provide these needs to keep the plant healthy and happy. Higher ranked Gardening Spells can provide a need over larger areas, and special treasure cards may target the entire inside or outside of a house.
Pests are dangerous obstacles to Gardening. There are different ranks of pests; higher ranks require higher level Pest or Pest prevention spells.
- Pixies are a special kind of pest that certain plants can attract. All plants like Pixies and the plant’s growth rate is increased by them. When a plant has a Pixie attached to it, it will not attract any other pest.
Gardening Spells are different from normal spells. They cost Energy instead of Pips and are not used in combat. They are purchased with Gold from Gardening Trainers instead of learned with Training Points . To see Gardening Spells in your Spellbook, press “P” on your keyboard and click the button. To see your Gardening Treasure Cards, then click the tab to see which you have and how many of each you possess.
- You can also access the garden spells by opening up the housing section of your backpack and clicking the tab in the housing section of your backpack. At the bottom right, to the left of the trashcan, you will see , click it to access spells.
- The top text is the name of the Spell
- The circle in the top right corner with a plant in it indicates the Gardening School
- The upside down triangle in the top left corner with the number indicates the level of the Spell
- The Energy globe with the number in it in the bottom left corner indicates how much Energy that Spell costs
- The square in the bottom right corner indicates what type of Spell it is (see below)
- The bottom text explains the effects of the Spell
As you grow and harvest more plants, you will gain Gardening XP and higher Gardening ranks. Higher Gardening ranks earn you the ability to purchase more powerful Gardening Spells and grow higher ranked Seeds. They also may upgrade your Gardening title and let you display a badge showing off your title (you can only show a badge for your current title). The table below shows the progression of titles, and the XP required to advance each rank in Gardening.
|All Gardening Badges|
- Seeds can be purchased for gold from the following characters located throughout The Spiral:
- They can be more expensive than the Bazaar, but they never run out of stock.
- It is important to note that all Gardening Vendors sell a very specific and limited set of Seeds.
- Many of the Card Packs available from the Crown Shop provide a chance of obtaining a Seed when you purchase them. While some of these seeds are only available from Card Packs, it is important to remember that what you get from a pack is somewhat random and the Seeds have variable rarities.
- All Auctionable Seeds (ones that don’t say “No Auction”) can be bought and sold through The Bazaar, many of which you cannot find on Vendors.
- The Seeds are sorted by name and can be further sorted by level, cost, number in the Bazaar, etc.
- Most Creatures can drop Seeds like other Items by being defeated in a Duel. These drops are not guaranteed in any given fight, and you should check the page of the Dropped Seed you want to see which Creature might drop it.
- Many Plants can yield other Seeds through Harvests. This is a common way to keep a garden going without having to Duel a creature or buy other seeds.
Quest Rewards Treasure Chests
All of the following are rewards available through Gardening:
Gold Gardened Reagents Gardened Pet Snacks Gardened Treasure Cards
- You can obtain both Combat and Gardening Treasure Cards from harvesting plants.
- Continue to garden by earning new seeds as you harvest! Generally, these seeds will be the same as the plant that gave them (Example: Evil Magma Peas will give one Evil Magma Peas seed at Elder).