NYC 24-Hour Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-621-HOPE
Survivors of domestic violence may receive temporary housing, emergency shelter and supportive services for themselves and their children. All programs provide a safe environment as well as counseling, advocacy and referral services.
Domestic violence and abuse can include:
- Hitting, slapping, kicking or using any other kind of physical violence against you
- Forcing you to have sex when you don’t want to, or to do sexual things you don’t want to do
- Threatening to hurt you, your children, or someone else you care about
- Constantly insulting and criticizing you
- Stalking, obsessively checking up on or otherwise trying to control your behavior
If you or someone you know is experiencing this kind of behavior from a partner, please call New York City’s 24 hour Domestic Violence Hotline, 1-800-621-HOPE.
Other contact numbers
Teen Relationship Abuse Prevention Program (RAPP)
Find information on other city resources from the Mayor’s Office to End Domestic and Gender Based Violence.