Photo credit: 52Audio
Apple AirPods Pro 2 may be introduced at the Fall event, alongside the iPhone 14, and some of the rumored new features are quite exciting to say the least. According to a report from 52Audio, this second-generation AirPods Pro comes equipped with an upgraded H1 chip, heart rate detection, USB-C, and even the capability of doubling as a hearing aid.
The design should be similar to that of the current AirPods Pro and AirPods 3, with possible support for Find My, allowing users to locate them directly from the app. Hardware wise, it’s claimed to have a combination of customized high-amplitude drive units and a high-dynamic-range amplifier. Many might be wondering how it could double as a hearing aid? It would function by the charging case collecting sound and then transmitting to the earphone for sound enhancement as well as playback. There’s no word yet on pricing, but expect it to retail for at least $249.99. We wouldn’t be surprised to see a large shipment of fake Apple AirPods 3 being seized by US Customs and Border protection ahead of the official reveal.
Apple AirPods Pro
- Active Noise Cancellation blocks outside noise, so you can immerse yourself in music
- Transparency mode for hearing and interacting with the world around you
- Spatial audio with dynamic head tracking places sound all around you
- Adaptive EQ automatically tunes music to your ears
- Three sizes of soft, tapered silicone tips for a customizable fit